Safety concept Savoy Hotel Baur en Ville
As hosts, we are aware of our responsibility towards our employees and guests and basically adhere to the specifications of the Federal Office of Public Health (BAG) and the legal requirements according to COVID-19 Ordinance 2 (818.101.24) and the Labour Code (SR 822.11)
These include the following measures:
- Compliance with the three basic principles of transmission prevention:
- Hand hygiene: Regular hand washing or disinfection, as well as the wearing of disposable gloves
- Keep distance: Keep the minimum distance of 2m with the help of markings or plexiglass discs
- Cleaning: increased cleaning frequencies with appropriate hygiene products throughout the house.
- Employees at particular risk: Protective measures according to BAG as well as the possibility to stay at home)
- Sick employees: stay at home or are sent home immediately and follow the self-isolation rules of the BAG
- Special work situations: Employees are trained in the use of personal protective equipment and correct handling.
- Restaurant businesses in general: The measures prescribed by the BAG and GastroSuisse are observed by all employees and monitored by the department heads.
- Breakfast (when the hotel is open): No buffet is offered for the breakfast service, we serve everything à la carte.
- Kitchen: The HACCP concept still applies in the kitchen, which meets all food safety requirements. This concept is part of our protection concept.
- Hotel general: Cleaning and disinfetion of public areas several times a day;
Glas protective disc panes at the front desk; Information boards to inform guests about the distance and general rules issued by the FOPH with regard to COVID-19; After check out the guest room is not occupied for at least 1 day; the hygiene concept for housekeeping forms the basis for cleanliness throughout the house.
- An action plan on how to proceed in case of confirmed illness is part of this protection concept.
For you we go one step further:
- In general, masks are compulsory for our employees throughout the hotel.
- Our employees check their temperature daily before starting work. Should this indicate an infection, the employee stays at home.
- Service staff wear textile gloves when setting the table and serving. These are washed daily.
- We provide our plate service with cloches (also for cold dishes).
We ask our guests to respect the rules of conduct of the BAG:
- Keep a distance of 2m and help yourself to the disinfectant in public areas.
- If you have not felt well in the last 10 days or have shown acute symptoms of a respiratory disease, please refrain from visiting us. We will gladly postpone your reservation to a later date.
- Due to capacity restrictions in our restaurants, we kindly ask you to keep your reservation times.
You can view our detailed protection concept HERE. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or feel unsure, we will be happy to help you.
Rolf E. Brönnimann / General Manager Savoy Hotel Baur en Ville
June 15th, 2020